Saturday, December 05, 2009

CELEBRATING

{weekending}
*there is a lot of handmade-type vendors around these parts. Lots of artsy influence and school. Some of it is great, some of it is--well, I guess we all have our own opinions. However, I was able to go to the Handmade Holiday Festival with my friend, Richele. We went last year and were delighted with inspiration. This year was even more expanded.

*have lots of old wool sweaters on hand? take a look at her book and see all the wonderful things you can do with them! she was the inspiration behind John's blanket (that's still a working progress). and next to crispina is her dad of The Dolphin Studio, who has been printing their calendars in these parts for years (see above photo of calendar). he is also the one who made the pottery. the orange heart magnet came home with me. we also chatted for some time about Ireland, his homeland. he said his neighbors there are "Quinn's" so me thinks I need to go meet my Irish heritage at some point!

*the festival took place in Crispina's studio where she has huge bins of felted sweaters, all color-coordinated. I think I was drooling.


*delicious children's Indian shoes.
they reminded me of A Little Princess.

*some other great vendors that I didn't get any pictures of:
(you *really* ought to check this one out---they had the coolest stuff!!!)


No comments: