Tuesday, January 12, 2010

pause




"Just when I figure out how to mother a kindergartner, it seems, I have a first-grader standing before me instead. I have just learned how to love and live with a nine-year-old when the nine-year-old vanishes leaving a preadolescent in his place. They don't stay still long enough for me to have my fill of them ever, at any stage. "Stop!" I want to shout. "Let's just do it this way for a while, let's stay right here." But the movement is inexorable--up and out, away, into the future."

-from Feminine Appeal.

(it's been a fun & fast 3 months!)

3 comments:

Janelle said...

What an adorable little peanut!!! Can't believe he's that old already! I agree with your quote COMPLETELY!!!!!

Richele said...

Yes, who hit the fast-forward button?

The Schindel Six said...

Two beautiful people!