Saturday, December 01, 2007

GRRRRRRR...

My BLOG gets a crooked finger from me today. {point index finger in a hooked manner at offending person or object & make a scowling face. it's a great non-confrontional way of communicating frustration!!}

I finally caved in and decided to change the look of my blog (I'm not a huge fan of change) and I LOVE this background...(ok, truth is I found it via Sarah Branine's new blog look). But during the process I somehow mismanaged or clicked something I wasn't suppose to and lost ALL of my link lists. ALL of them. I am sad and hoping somehow they are still "out there" somewhere in the black hole of blogging so I don't have to add yet another thing to my ever-growing to-do list. So much for a cheery, Christmasy wish today. I'll leave that to Starbucks this time around...I am loving their theme this season: "PASS THE CHEER." Speaking of Starbucks, have you tried their White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha??? It's fabulous!!! (I tried it in the NYC Starbucks!!!)

p.s. if any of you "brains" out there have any suggestions of how I can recover my link lists...I'm all ears!!! :)

8 comments:

Abby said...

I just tried their White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha the other night and it was FABULOUS! So yummy and perfect on a cold night!

Not sure on the links - I've changed my background several times, and haven't lost them, so I'm not sure what happened - hmmmm?!

Kathi Hayes said...

I like your "groovy" new blog look! Hope you can recover your link list.

heatherlyn11 said...

Erin, I will have to try that drink...sometime this week....It is my birthday week, so I definitly will have to do that:)
ALSO!!!!!!!!! Get that list back....at least once a week I looked at all those and LOVED THEM!!!!!!!! What a stinker that they got lost:( I hope they magically reappear--just like they disappeared!
Heather

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

Hey! I LOVE the new look! You inspired me to make some changes too!

Erin Neiner said...

Abby...oops, I meant mocha, not latte! Isn't it sooo good!! Every momma deserves one!! I think Starbucks should have "free white chocolate peppermint mocha for moms day!!!" :P

Everyone else: thanks for the encouragement about the look of my blog. I really am still unsure if I should keep it or just go back to black. Some of my font colors are now messed up! So we'll see. And Heather, if I can't figure out how to relocate the link lists...I am definitely going back for that reason alone!! I feel lost without them!!! I am sooo glad you get to enjoy them!! Please also let me know of any new sites or blogs you come across and I'll add them!!

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

Hey you, thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog! I love the new background -- thanks for the lead! I had been looking for a site with free blog layouts, but couldn't find one I liked. Hey - about the email about Jack's toy, I would go with the leap frog. I love that company and I think you will be able to find the software cheaper overall and more easily. Check out ebay for software. Did you see Cabot's photo? I get another one this coming monday, and I can't wait! It will be more detailed! Love you!

Loraena Tuttle said...

I love your new look and was just browsing that site this morning after checking out Stephanie's new layout!

I can certainly sympathize with your frustration. I mess around with my blog a lot and so I know what its like. I'm nervous to try one of these layouts because I know it will be time consuming to fix any errors - and I don't have a lot of time right now! Hope you get it worked out.

btw, did you save your old template to your hard drive before switching? If so, you could always revert back to the old look and try it again...

Janelle said...

Love the look! It's very cheery and festive, yet isn't too festive to be used at times other than Christmas! I'm definitely no help when it comes to your dilemma, but I do hope that you can figure it out.