Friday, April 13, 2007

Celestial Home

[allison & her mom]
"Precious in the sight of the LORD
is the death of his saints."
Psalm 115:16

I would just like to "dedicate" this to our dear family friends, the Holmes'. Mrs. Corrine Holmes went home to be with the Lord this morning. After conquering breast cancer a few years ago, recently more tumors showed up in her brain, to an unoperable point. She fought this battle sweetly, showing kindness to those that came to visit her, strength in her weekly dr. visits and painful symptoms from treatments. She touched everyone in such a special way. Her outgoing personality and hilarious stories drew everyone to her "southern belle" sweetness. You always knew when Mrs. Holmes was in the room, because you could hear her contagious laugh from anywhere you stood! She gave so much to her family and those around her. She will be so, so dearly missed. My heart bleeds for my friends, Allison & Julie, her two daughters and cries for her husband, the dear Mr. Holmes. But we know she awoke to GLORY this morning. She is in wonderful hands! You are uplifted in our prayers today and throughout this difficult time. We love you all so much!

8 comments:

Kathi Hayes said...

Thank you for dedicating your blog today in memory of Corinne--my sweet friend from Alabama. I am praying for Don, Allison and Julie.

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

I had no idea that her cancer returned. Beth Ann and I stayed with them when the Pettit Team was at Marquette, and I remember sitting with her and her husband laughing over pizza. What a charming and warm personality. I will be praying for her family.

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

My heart goes out to the Holmes family. This death has struck a chord with me that is very close to home. Praise the Lord He holds tomorrow and guides us there gently.

Erin Neiner said...

Mrs. Hayes-Thank you for checking out my blog! I am sure you wish you could be at the services, as do I!

Leah-thank you for sharing that! I didn't know that you stayed with them! They are so wonderful!!

Steph-I thought of you and all you've been through with your mom's cancer! Praise the Lord for her continued health. We just never know, but your right...He does know!

Laura said...

Thank you for your post, Erin. I think you were able to put into words how we all feel right now. May God continue to uphold the Holme's in his amazing grace.

Loraena Tuttle said...

You are so right about how she always brightened up a room. She had a true gift for making others feel at ease, and was always quick so quick to say an encouraging word or share a funny story. My prayers are with the Holmes' as well.

cranny + b said...

Hi Erin--
thanks for sharing this. I never had the opportunity to meet Mrs. Holmes--but I knew of her daughter while at BJ. Cancer is such a hard thing. I'll be praying for the family. Mrs. Holmes sounds like a very wonderful lady. When you mentioned her being in "glory" I thought of the song... "of stepping on shore and finding it heaven, of touching a hand and finding it God's, of breathing new air and finding it celestial, of waking up in Glory and finding it home"

Anonymous said...

I know Allison, Julie & Mr. Holmes appreciate your thoughts & prayers. I was able to get to Chicago for the viewing & service, and I was so glad to be there. I am amazed by their testimonies in all of this. God has truly been good. And I have to add that a man raised his hand to indicate that he was trusting Christ when the pastor closed in prayer!!!