Saturday, November 25, 2006

Mom to the Rescue!

My mom knows all about it! She birthed and reared 5 kids...yes, she knows. And not just any kids...the Quinn kids! She came out for a week to visit the grandkids and help out. It wasn't until the second day I said, "Well, the boys are both up and I'm going to go take a shower!!!" It was great! I would take a nap and wake up to a sparkling kitchen and folded laundry! While I was feeding and changing Jack, dinner would be cooking. It was like having 2 of me around!

Drew loved playing with his "Gamma Kin" and told her literally 100 times her first day, "I love you sooo much!" We had many laughs at the quirky things Drew said. My mom was also the first one to get Jack to really smile...as she did with Drew also (2.5 years ago). It was so wonderful to share this time with my mom. She sacrificed so much for us kids growing up...but one thing she didn't sacrifice was love. Thanks Mom!
gramma quinn & jack


gramma quinn & the boys


smiling jack


sweet brothers


mommy & jack


me & my boys

5 comments:

Beth said...

I think it takes being a mom to truly appreciate mom! My mom also "rescued" me when my kids were born! I know I couldn't have made it through the first week with #2 without her! I'm so happy for you! Who takes the awesome pictures? You have a GREAT blog!

S said...

Mom's are the greatest! It's hard when you're long distance, but I think you appreciate them more when you do get time together. Your mom is beautiful. You both look so much alike especially in the first picture.

Erin Neiner said...

Shannon:
That is SO funny you say we look alike because so many people tell us that and we just look at each other, shrug our shoulders and say, "if you say so!?!?" I guess when it's you...you don't always see the resemblence!

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Hey Girl! I'm back online :) Good talking to you today!
Love ya!
Leah

Kelly Glupker said...

What a wonderful mom you have! You look just look her!! Must be nice to know how great you're going to look at her age.